Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Past Favorite Songs

  1. Fuck and Run - Liz Phair - Exile from Guyville.
    1. I woke up alarmed
      I didn't know where I was at first
      Just that I woke up in your arms
      And almost immediately I felt sorry
      'Cause I didn't think this would happen again
      No matter what I could do or say
      Just that I didn't think this would happen again
      With or without my best intentions, and
      What ever happened to a boyfriend
      The kind of guy who tries to win you over, and
      What ever happened to a boyfriend
      The kind of guy who makes love cause he's in it
  2. Nothing Better - The Postal Service - Give Up
    1. (Ben Gibbard)
      Would someone please call a surgeon
      Who can crack my ribs and repair this broken heart
      That you're deserting for better company

      I can't accept that it's over
      And I will block the door
      Like a goalie tending the net
      In the third quarter
      Of a tied game rivalry

      So just say how to make it right
      And I swear I'll do my best to comply

      Tell me am I right to think that there could be nothing better
      Than making you my bride and slowly growing old together

      (Jen Wood)
      I feel I must interject here
      You're getting carried away
      Feeling sorry for yourself
      With these revisions and gaps in history

      So let me help you remember
      I've made charts and graphs
      That should finally make it clear
      I've prepared a lecture
      On why I have to leave

      So please back away and let me go

      (Ben Gibbard)
      I can't my darling; I love you so
      (Both)
      Oh oh
      (Ben Gibbard)
      Tell me am I right to think that there could be nothing better
      Than making you my bride and slowly growing old together
      (Jen Wood)
      Don't you feed me lies about some idealistic future
      Your heart won't heal right if you keep tearing out the sutures
      (Ben Gibbard)
      I know that I have made mistakes
      And I swear I'll never wrong you again
      (Jen Wood)
      You've got allure I can't deny
      But you've had your chance
      So say goodbye
  3. Portions for Foxes - Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous
    1. There's blood in my mouth cause
      I've been biting my tongue all week
      I keep on talking trash
      But I never say anything
      And the talking leads to touching
      And the touching leads to sex
      And then there is no mystery left

      I know I'm alone
      If I'm with or without you
      But just being around you
      Offers me another form of relief
      When the loneliness leads to bad dreams
      And the bad dreams lead me to calling you
      And I call you and say "come here!"

      Cause you're just damage control
      For a walking corpse like me, like you

      Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
      Yeah we'll all be portions for foxes
      And you're bad news, my friends tell me to leave you
      And you're bad news, I don't care I like you
      I like you
  4. Bye Bye Blackbird - Joe Cocker - Sleepless in Seattle Soundtrack
    1. Pack up all my care and woe
      Here I go, singing low
      Bye bye blackbird
      Where somebody waits for me
      Sugar's sweet, so is she
      Bye bye blackbird
      No one here can love or understand me
      Oh what hard luck stories they all hand me
      Make my bed and light the light
      I'll arrive late tonight
      Blackbird, bye bye
  5. Close to Me - the Cure - The Head on the Door
    1. I've waited hours for this
      I've made myself so sick
      I wish I'd stayed
      asleep today

      I never thought this day would end
      I never thought tonight could ever be
      this close to me

      just try to see in the dark
      just try to make it work
      to feel the fear before you're here
      I make the shapes come much too close
      I pull my eyes out
      hold my breath
      and wait until I shake...

      but if I had your faith
      then I could make it safe and clean
      if only I was sure
      that my head on the door was a dream

  6. Angeles - Elliott Smith - Either/Or
    1. Someone's always coming around here trailing some new kill
      Says I seen your picture on a hundred dollar bill
      And what's a game of chance to you, to him is one of real skill
      So glad to meet you
      Angeles

      Picking up the ticket shows there's money to be made
      Go on and lose the gamble that's the history of the trade
      You add up all the cards left to play to zero
      And sign up with evil
      Angeles

      Don't start me trying now
      Cause I'm all over it
      Angeles

      I could make you satisfied in everything you do
      All your secret wishes could right now be coming true
      And be forever with my poison arms around you

      No ones gonna fool around with us
      No ones gonna fool around with us
      So glad to meet you
      Angeles

  7. Fidelity - Regina Spektor - Begin to Hope
    1. I never loved nobody fully
      always one foot on the ground
      and by protecting my heart truly
      I got lost in the sounds
      .
  8. You Know I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
    1. Meet you downstairs in the bar and heard
      Your rolled up sleeves and your skull t-shirt
      You say what did you do with him today?
      And sniff me out like I was Tanqueray

      Cause you're my fella, my guy
      Hand me your stella and fly
      By the time I'm out the door
      You're tear men down like Roger Moore

      Upstairs in bed, with my ex boy
      He's in the place, but I can't get joy
      Thinking on you in the final throes, this is when my buzzer goes

      I cheated myself, like I knew I would
      I told ya, I was trouble You know that I'm no good

  9. First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
    1. This is the first day of my life
      Swear I was born right in the doorway
      I went out in the rain
      Suddenly everything changed
      They're spreadin' blankets on the beach

      Yours is the first face that I saw
      Think I was blind before I met you

      Remember the time you drove all night
      Just to meet me in the morning
      And I thought it was strange
      You said everything changed
      You felt as if you'd just woke up
      And you said,
      But now I don't care I could go anywhere with you
      And I'd probably be happy.

      So if you wanna be with me
      With these things there's no telling
      We just have to wait and see
      But I'd rather be working for a paycheck
      Than waiting to win the lottery

      Besides maybe this time it's different
      I mean I really think you like me...

  10. The Bachelor and the Bride - The Decemberists - Her Majesty the Decemberists 2003
    1. There's a wrinkle in the water
      where we laid our first daughter
      And I think the wind blows so sweetly there

      "But I" said the bachelor to the bride
      "Am not waiting for tonight.
      No, I will box your ears
      and leave you here stripped bare."
      And his fingers are they telling
      of the barren of her belly
      And his callouses cure her furrowed brow
      even now


No comments: