Thursday, May 22, 2008

Best TV Quotes: SUMMER DONNA!

A/k/a Simmer down now! is the latest in my favorite quotes.

On Saturday Night Live, Cheri Oteri played a Donna Summer fan/crazy cashier who constantly tells customers to "simma." For example:

Customer #2: I just bought my son a kid's meal and there was no toy in it.
Nadine: So, you want an additional "Road to El Dorado'\" figyareen?
Customer #2: No, I don't want an additional 'figyareen'; I want the one that was supposed to be in it to begin with!
Nadine: Ok, just simma down now, simma down!
Customer #2: Why don't I start 'simmain' down' by speaking to the manager?
Nadine: [grabs microphone] Curtis! Need you up heah, now!


Curtis, Burger Castle Manager: Yes, ma'am. Can I hep ya?
Customer #2: [Points at Nadine] You can start by firing her.
Curtis, Burger Castle Manager: First, let me ask you; who is the 'Queen of Disco'?
Customer #2: Uh, Donna Summer?
Nadine: And how do her name appeah in the phone book?
Customer #2: Uh, Summer, Donna?
Curtis, Burger Castle Manager: Now, slow it down.
Customer #2: Summer, Donna, Summer, Donna.
Curtis, Burger Castle Manager: That's right, now stretch it out.
Customer #2: Summmer, Donnnna, Summmmer, Donnnna.
Nadine, Curtis, Burger Castle Manager: Simma down, now! Simma Down, now!

Now isn't that hilarious? If you don't think it's funny right away watch the video on the SNL website.

No comments: