Tuesday, December 16, 2008

More medication, please.


Hey y'all, I know it's been a while since I rapped at ya, but it isn't because I didn't want to!
I have been super busy - applying to jobs in Washington, DC, taking an LSAT class, working my other jobs, going to holiday and birthday parties, etc. Present shopping took about a week but I finished that by December 7th.

I'm making more money and have new health insurance but for some reason I have less money than before. It sucks. I'm feeling the trickle-down recession because fewer people hire me to babysit.
Other than that, I'm doing pretty well. As my aunt says, "better living through chemistry." Maybe she actually said "why suffer if you can feel better?" but the sentiment is the same.

I see no point in getting with someone new since I'm leaving (probably) and don't have time for a relationship (definitely) and don't want to get anyone's expectations up (regrettable consequence). Unfortunately most of my ex-boyfriends are in California or we are not on speaking terms. I do forgive and forget pretty quickly. Mostly forget.

Then I remembered my credo: "If you build it, they will come." It worked all the time in college. If I wanted to have a sleepover some weekend, I would shave my legs, show some skin, apply make-up, perfume, clean up the dorm  room, open some wine, put candles out, play music ...92% success rate. So to that end, I have made a new playlist and keep my nails looking nice. Tidying this garden is going to take a while.

I will report back. Maybe this weekend. In the meantime, more medication, please.

No comments: